The Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC), founded in 1965, is the largest and most influential Armenian-Canadian grassroots human rights organization. Working in coordination with a network of chapters, supporters throughout Canada, and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCC actively advances the concerns of the Armenian-Canadian community on a broad range of issues.
The ANCC seeks to:
- Foster public awareness about issues affecting the Armenian community in Canada and abroad
- Represent the collective Armenian-Canadian viewpoint on matters of public interest
- Act as an advocacy group on matters of interest to the Armenian-Canadian community
- Support and promote human rights issues in Canada
- Serve as a liaison between the community and their elected officials, non-governmental agencies, and others.