- This event has passed.
Fundraising Event Celebrating 50 Years of Service and Activism
September 18, 2016
Join us as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Armenian National Committee of Canada with a Fundraising Cocktail Reception. As an esteemed guest, you will have the opportunity to meet in an intimate setting prominent members of the ANC International, USA and Canada offices, as well as be acquainted with their activities.
Contact us for more information and reservations
The Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC), founded in 1965, is the largest and most influential Armenian-Canadian grassroots human rights organization. Working in coordination with a network of chapters, supporters throughout Canada, and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCC actively advances the concerns of the Armenian-Canadian community on a broad range of issues.
The ANCC seeks to:
- Foster public awareness about issues affecting the Armenian community in Canada and abroad;
- Represent the collective Armenian-Canadian viewpoint on matters of public interest;
- Act as an advocacy group on matters of interest to the Armenian-Canadian community;
- Support and promote human rights issues in Canada;
- Serve as a liaison between the community and their elected officials, non-governmental agencies, and others.
The roots of the Armenian Cause and the pursuit of Armenian rights in Canada go back to 1902 with the foundation of the Brantford ARF Committee. The same endeavours continued to be carried out “Armenian National Committee of America” (ANCA) (established in 1918 but started operating under the name ANCA in 1944), to give a voice to Armenians throughout North America. The Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC) announced its establishment as a counterpart to the ANCA in 1965.
#WeAreANCC #AdvocatingForJustice #50YearsStrong